StormwateRx offers two approaches for higher flow rate sediment removal – a Clara Separator for free oil, floatables, and settleable solids removal, and Clara Filter for free oil, floatables, and suspended solids removal.
High Rate Filtration:
Modular, High-Flow Removal:
Clara (KLAR-uh) Separator is a patented† oil-grit-trash-water gravity separator for industrial stormwater treatment. This below-ground, standalone system is a high capacity oil water separator specifically designed for the fluctuating flow rates inherent to stormwater. With the built-in internal high flow bypass, pollutants are trapped in this below-ground structure even during peak runoff events.
Clara (KLAR-uh) Filter is a patent pending†, passive media filter that can serve as standalone treatment or as a pretreatment BMP for sites with high particulate (TSS) loading. Clara Filter is specifically designed for filtration of runoff from site with erosion, or sites where the stormwater quality is close to benchmarks/numeric action levels.
Clara (KLAR-uh) LongBox (LB) Separators are designed specifically for efficient sediment, suspended solids and metals removal on stormwater treatment and dewatering projects and the treatment of process water, mine groundwater and wastewater. Easily transport on flat-bed trucks to sites and remote areas, installation, setup and operation are fast and simple with their small footprint, even on uneven ground. Available with tube settlers or inclined plates, Clara® LB® separators provide excellent removal efficiencies compared to traditional weir tanks and settling or frac tanks commonly used for sediment treatment on unpaved sites and in heavier industrial applications.
Clara Product Details
- Traps pollutants within the system
- Removes floatable materials, oil and dirt
- HS20 load rated, higher loading capacities available
- Sediment storage capacity of up to 10 cu. yds.
- Available with integrated pump package for downstream treatment
- OPTION: Enhanced oil removal via oil-coalescing media packs
- Removes free oil, trash, suspended solids, metals and other pollutants from stormwater runoff.
- HS20 load rated, higher loading capacities available.
- System is housed in a concrete structure with access through manhole or hatch openings.
- Extends maintenance interval of downstream treatment BMPs.
- Typical suspended solids (TSS) reduction is greater than 70%, with demonstrated reduction up to 90%.
- Pre-built & fully assembled
- Multiple configurations with flow rates up to 2,500 GPM
- Available as an insulated, self-contained system for cold weather applications
- Fast, simple on-site set-up
- Operates on non-level ground
- Easy sludge monitoring and removal
- Operator access platform for easy access and maximum safety
- Durable carbon steel construction
- Designed for easy shipping
- Pilot testing available
Sizing & Configurations
WASHINGTON ORNAMENTAL IRON WORKS, Gardena, CA
California steel fabrication business installed industrial stormwater treatment system. The water quality protection system removes sediment, oil, and heavy metals.
BONNEVILLE POWER ADMINISTRATION, Pacific Northwest
Regional electric utility in the Pacific Northwest installed StormwateRx Clara basic separators to remove floatables, oil, and dirt from runoff from its substation and maintenance facilities.
SANITARY SERVICE COMPANY, WA
This award-winning recycling and garbage collection company installed stormwater filtration to meet MS4 and Industrial General Permit requirements.
US AIR FORCE RESERVE FIRING RANGE, PA
A U.S. Air Force Reserve Station was concerned that heavy metals from spent ammunition rounds was being washed by stormwater runoff into a nearby waterway.
ATLAS IRON AND METAL COMPANY, CA
A family run LA company dealing in steel, cast iron, aluminum, copper, brass, and all other metals targets removal of pollutants from stormwater using passive treatment.