If you hold a permit and discharge stormwater from your site in Washington, you may be interested to know that the Washington State Department of Ecology is holding an open public comment period for you and other interested parties to comment on the draft Industrial Stormwater General Permit. The public comment period runs from May 1, 2019 until to June 29, 2019.
Anticipated changes from the previous ISG permit include: the addition of two new industry groups that require coverage – marine construction and construction, transportation, and mining equipment rental and leasing; changing the timing of first flush, and revising requirements for consistent attainment.
The Department of Ecology expects to issue the general permit in November of 2019. The reissued permit will become effective January 1, 2020.
There are several public hearings being offered throughout the state of Washington:
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019,1 p.m. – Skagit Station Meeting Room, 105 E. Kincaid, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
- Thursday, June 6, 2019, 1 p.m. – Fire House Meeting Room, 701 E Third Avenue, Moses Lake, WA 98837
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 1 p.m. – South Seattle College, Georgetown Campus, Gene J. Colin Education Hall, Building C, Room C110/111, 6737 Corson Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98108
- WEBINAR* Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 6 p.m. – Register for the webinar.
- Thursday, June 20, 2019, 2 p.m. – WA State Department of Ecology, 300 Desmond Drive SE, Lacey, WA 98503
For more information about how to submit comments, visit the draft notice webpage.
Download the Draft Public Notice flyer.